Today in 29th GST Council meeting acting Finance Minister CA. Piyush Goyal ji, proposed Pilot Project to promote Digital Payments through cash back of GST.
GST Council gave approval for pilot project of incentives on Digital Payments.
1. 20% cash back of GST paid to be proposed. Subject to maximum Rs. 100/-.
2. Cash Back applicable on payments through RuPay Debit Card, Bhim, USSD etc.
3. It’s on wish of States to launch this incentive scheme or not.
West Bengal opposes idea of Digital incentivization of GST!!
1. West Bengal Finance Minister Mr. Amit Mitra opposes the idea of Digital incentivization.
2. He said that these incentives will come from the GST’s revenue that was collected dearly.
3. He also says that total revenue loss in Q1 has been Rs 43,000 cr.
To know about GST Council 29th Meeting CLICK HERE.