Periodical Returns and Payment of Tax
(1) Every registered dealer shall furnish return in such form for such period, by such dates and to such authority, as may be prescribed:
Provided that the prescribed authority may, subject to such conditions and restrictions as may be prescribed, exempt any such dealer or class of dealers from furnishing such returns or permit any such dealer;
(a) to furnish them for such different periods; or
(b) to furnish a consolidated return relating to all or any of the places of business of the dealer in the State of Jharkhand for the said period or for such different periods and to such authority, as he may direct.
(2) If the prescribed authority has reason to believe that the turnover of sales or the turnover of purchases of any dealer is likely to exceed or has exceeded the specified quantum as specified. In sub-section (5) of Section 8, he may, by notice served in the prescribed manner, require such dealer to furnish return as if he were a registered dealer to furnish return, but no tax shall be payable by him unless his gross turnover exceeds the specified quantum provided under sub-section (5) of Section 8,
(3) If any dealer having furnished returns under sub-section (1) or sub-section (2), discovers any omission or any other error In the return so filed, he may furnish a revised return before the expiry of three months, following the last date prescribed for furnishing the original return relating to the tax period.
(4) Every dealer required to file return under sub-section (1) or sub-section (2) shall pay the full amount of tax payable according to the return or the differential tax payable according to the revised return furnished, if any, into the Government Treasury or in such other manner as may be prescribed, and shall furnish along with the return or revised return, as the case may be, a receipt showing full payment of such amount.
(5) Every return under this Section shall be signed and verified-
(a) in case of an individual, by the individual himself, and where the individual is absent by some person duly authorised by him in this behalf;
(b) in the case of a Hindu Undivided family, by the Karta,
(c) in the case of a company or local authority, by the principal officer or Chief Executive Officer thereof;
(d) in the case of a firm, by any partner thereof not being a minor;
(e) in the case of any other association, by the person competent to act on behalf of the association.
Explanation: For the purpose of this section, the post of â€œPrincipal Officerâ€ shall have the same meaning as that of section 2, part 35 of Income Tax Act 1961.