High-Court Decision Interested payable on non payment of GST
IN THE HIGH COURT OF DELHI AT NEW DELHI
WP(C) No. 6055/2019
M/s LANDMARK LIFESTYLE ….. Petitioner
Through Mr. J.K.Mittal, Advocate
UNION OF INDIA & ORS. ….. Respondent
Through Mr. Harpreet Singh, Sr. standing
counsel for Revenue
JUSTICE ASHA MENON
O R D E R
CM Appl.No. 26115/2019 (Exemption)
1. Exemption allowed, subject to all just exceptions.
WP(C) No. 6055/2019 & CM Appl.No. 26114/2019
2. Mr. Mittal points out that the calculation of the interest payable for delayed payment of GST as determined by the Respondent is erroneous. According to him, interest has been calculated even on the amount constituting the input tax credit which is in fact to be adjusted against the tax liability.
He states that on the actual tax liability, interest has been paid by the Petitioner. He further states that against the total tax liability of Rs.3.31 crores the interest liability works out to 8.19 crores which makes it
unreasonable and erroneous.
3. Notice. Mr. Harpreet Singh, Advocate accepts notice for the Respondents.
4. Till the next date, no coercive action be taken against the Petitioner for non-payment of the interest amount.
5. List the matter before the Registrar on 5th August, 2019 for completion of pleadings.
6. List the matter before the Court on 30th September, 2019.
ASHA MENON, J
MAY 27, 2019
Subscribes our YouTube channel Abhishek raja ram
Visit our Partner Websites – To view our sites click on given links below:
Wealthmaxi.com – Want to invest in different kinds of mutual fund to earn high return on your investments.
To view GST Articles Click on given Link
To view GST Updates Click on given Link