Kerala VAT Entire e-Services of VAT Department will be down, from 09.10.16 to 11.10.16, due to Migration of KVATIS Database to new Server. Instructions are issued for Procedures to be followed during downtime. In the absence of online operations, the procedures related to the CTCPs are to be performed manually.
CIRCULAR No. 20/2016
Office of the Commissioner,
Commercial Taxes, Kerala,
9th Floor, Tax Towers,
Killipalam, Karamana P.O,
PIN – 695 002.
CIRCULAR No. 20/2016
Sub: Commercial Tax Department – Migration of KVATIS Database and Application to new server – Downtime for e-services – Procedure to be followed during downtime – instructions issued – reg.
The activities related to the upgradation of KVATIS server is in progress. Migration of KVATIS database and application to the new server requires minimum 3 days. Hence, the entire e-services related to the Department of Commercial Taxes will be disrupted from 6.00 AM on 9th October to the midnight of 11th October 2016. Since the period comes under Pooja Holidays, CTCPs alone will be functioning during these days. In the absence of online operations, the procedures related to the CTCPs are to be performed manually. For the smooth and unhindered functioning of the CTCPs during the period, the following instructions are issued.
(1) Information as to the non-availability of e-services during the period is to be displayed conspicuously at the premises of all CTCPs well in advance.
(2) Movement of vehicles, goods transported, Name of driver, consignor, consignee, value of goods etc. are to be entered in No.1 register, as done during the pre-online period.
(3) The 8F declarations already generated are to be approved manually, if presented during downtime. Others will have to furnish manual 8F declaration. Blank declaration forms required, are to be supplied to the CTCPs by the Deputy Commissioner concerned.
(4) The inspectors on duty at the CTCPs should affix the office seal on all the invoices and other transport documents before allowing the vehicles to pass through. The office seals should be kept under their custody and shall not be handed over to the drivers for affixing seal.
(5) The duty inspectors at the CTCPs who receive the manual declarations and other documents will also be responsible for uploading the same online when the new server is made functional.
(6) Documents such as Delivery Note, Transit Pass, Form 16 (both approved by the IAC and not) etc. shall also be accepted in manual form.
(7) All the Intelligence Squads should be very alert during the said period and shall conduct random over checking. At least one Intelligence Squad shall be present round the clock at the major CTCPs so as to prevent any possible attempts for evasion of tax. The IACs at all major CTCPs shall supervise the functioning of the CTCPs during the said 3 days so as to avoid any unwanted confusion and complaints of harassment on the part of the transporter and the dealer community.
(8) Advance tax shall be accepted in cash and receipt for the same shall be issued, in relaxation of the directions issued vide Circular No. 15/2009.
(9) All the district DCs having jurisdiction over the respective CTCPs shall personally ensure the hassle free functioning of the CTCPs during the said period. They shall also ensure the availability of sufficient number of manual forms, registers, receipt books etc. required at the check posts.
(10) All DCs shall designate such officers for issuance and approval of manual 8FA declarations and delivery notes after verifying the genuiness of the dealer.
The instructions issued vide this circular are valid only for the three days mentioned above.