SECTION 112 CGST ACT 2018, The Appellate Tribunal may amend any order passed by it under sub-section (1) so as to rectify any error apparent on the face of the record
SECTION 112 CGST ACT 2018, Orders of Appellate Tribunal
(1) The Appellate Tribunal may, after giving the parties to the appeal an opportunity of being heard, pass such orders thereon as it thinks fit, confirming, modifying or annulling the decision or order appealed against or may refer the case back to the Appellate Authority, or the Revisional Authority or to the original adjudicating authority, with such directions as it may think fit, for a fresh adjudication or decision after taking additional evidence, if necessary.
(2) The Appellate Tribunal may, if sufficient cause is shown, at any stage of hearing of an appeal, grant time to the parties or any of them and adjourn the hearing of the appeal for reasons to be recorded in writing:
Provided that no such adjournment shall be granted more than three times to a party during hearing of the appeal.
(3) The Appellate Tribunal may amend any order passed by it under sub-section (1) so as to rectify any error apparent on the face of the record, if such error is noticed by it on its own accord, or is brought to its notice by the Commissioner or the Commissioner of State tax or the Commissioner of the Union territory tax or the other party to the appeal within a period of three months from the date of the order:
Provided that no amendment which has the effect of enhancing an assessment or reducing a refund or input tax credit or otherwise increasing the liability of the other party, shall be made under this sub-section, unless the party has been given an opportunity of being heard.
(4) The Appellate Tribunal shall, as far as possible, hear and decide every appeal within a period of one year from the date on which it is filed.
(5) The Appellate Tribunal shall send a copy of every order passed under this section to the Appellate Authority or the Revisional Authority, or the original adjudicating authority, as the case may be, the appellant and the jurisdictional Commissioner or the Commissioner of State tax or the Union territory tax.
(6) Save as provided in section 117 or section 118, orders passed by the Appellate Tribunal on an appeal shall be final and binding on the parties.
Visit our websites for more details:-
Subscribe to our Youtube channel- Dilli ka Raja
Visit our Partner Websites – To view our sites click on given links below:
Wealthmaxi.com – Want to invest in different kinds of mutual fund to earn high return on your investments.
Totareview.com – Going to watch new movies on theatre and don’t know ratings of movies come here for best ratings. To view our site Click on givin above link.
To view GST Articles Click on given Link
To view GST Updates Click on given Link
Taxlawsinindia – The work environment strongly showcases the persuasion of moral and professional ethics and encourages every single member to dedicate their knowledge and skills for the betterment of the present and prospective viewers.Our website provides detailed summary for all the circulars, notifications & articles as well on the important topics related to direct taxes. We provide daily updates on email and whatsapp to the subscriber.